Killer whales, sea lions and elephants in a unique setting, Punta Norte
One of the settings where you can observe a colony of sea lions and the world show of killer whales.
This one-haired reproductive colony of fur seals and elephant seals are known for killer whale sightings, which during March and April make their spectacular intentional strandings. The reserve has informative posters in all the areas of allowed access as well as trails for people with reduced mobility ,viewpoints, accessible public toilets and accessible
It is suggested to visit it at high tide for a better appreciation of the specimens and to have a better chance of seeing killer whales.
Recommended ForAdultYoungFamilyPeople with Reduced MobilityPeople with disabilitiesChildren
Recommendations for having a good experience:
Behavior inside the Protected Natural Area
- Minimize noise:alters the behavior of fauna and affect the quality of your visit and the others.
- Keep distance to watch fauna: for your own safety and the animals, too.
- Please, do not feed the fauna inside the Protected Natural Area.
- Do not disturb, touch or catch fauna.
- Deposit the waste generated in the baskets set up for this purpose, located in all the Operating Units, and in the “El Desempeño” Control Post; remember that the Area is a legacy for future generations.
- The informative signs is service for all visitors: please, collaborate with the care and conservation of the signs.
- If you notice actions against the rules inside the Area, please notify the authorities (wild life guards).
- Remember that the Visitor Center of the Isthmus has permanent updating of the climatic conditions, navigation, roads and fauna watching within the Protected Area and information about the pharmacies on duty, nearby hospitals and the emergency services available in the area.
- Remember that on days with a large influx of tourists such as holidays or long weekends, it is convenient that you make your reservation of services before entering the Protected Area.
- Taking into account that there is a general fee and that according to the residence of tourists discounts are made, it is necessary to have some type of personal identification (DNI, driving license, or others) to show at the entrance to the area. It is important that each member of the vehicle has his identification since the rate is per person.
- The Peninsula Valdés Natural Protected Area has an approximate distance of 400 km. from Puerto Madryn, so if your desire is to get to know the whole area, you should start early in the morning because most of the journey is gravel and you can find fauna on the side of the route.
- Travel Agency Income. The fundamental requirements for entry with passengers is to have a Road Map which must be signed by a provincial or national agency and in case the number of passengers exceeds 5, they must enter with a Provincial Tourism Guide.
- See Fees for Protected Natural Area Península Valdés – Link
Hours of the wildlife guard post and customer service:
- Wild life guard posts from 08:00 to 20:00.
- The hours of attention to the visitor center are from 08:00 to 20:00.